zaterdag 19 april 2008

Photo frustration

As you can see I've been playing around with my blog header this week - I'm slightly envious of my sister in laws blog http://bevs97.wordpress.com/ which not only has a catchy title, but also a customized banner - so I thought perhaps I could have a go at that.
The photo I chose was taken by my daughter (she takes much better photos than I do) last year in the new buttefly house in Artis. At first I just loaded it to the blog, but it was enormous, so now, days later, I've taken the time to trim it into a banner sort of shape and reload it.
Now the butterfly is too close to the text - and I cannot seem to move the text - I'm going to have to play around with it a bit more, but not today.
The colours on the photo are rather nice, though, and I've always liked butterflies. I love visiting butterfly houses, the warm, lazy atmosphere brings on a feeling of serenity in me.
If you enjoy them too, I can recommend the new one at Artis, but if you don't want to go to the zoo, try popping into the one at Hortus Botanicus - its small, but there are plenty of butterflies, and it smells like a tropical hot house should.

1 opmerking:

BevS97 zei

Are you using Photoshop? Or something similiar with layers? If the text is in a seperate layer, you should be able to grab it and move it around the image until you are happy with it.

Unless Blogger is adding the text.... in which case, I think you can turn off the blogger text and add it yourself - that's what I did with mine, but Wordpress is different.